Bug reports and feature requests for 4chan X are tracked at:
You can submit a bug report / feature request either via your Github account or the form below. The name and email fields are optional. Everything you submit will be shown publicly on the issue tracker. Unfortunately there's no way to add a reply to an issue through this form, so if you need to, you can open another issue with the reply, and I'll move it to the right place.
If you're reporting a bug, the more detail you can give, the better. If I can't reproduce your bug, I probably won't be able to fix it. You can help by doing the following:
- Include precise steps to reproduce the problem, with the expected and actual results.
- Make sure your browser, 4chan X, and userscript manager (e.g. Greasemonkey, ViolentMoney, or Tampermonkey) are up to date. Include the versions you're using in bug reports.
- Open your console with Shift+Control+J (⇧⌘J on OS X Firefox, ⌘⌥J on OS X Chromium), and look for error messages, especially ones that occur at the same time as the bug. Include these in your bug report. If you're using Firefox, be sure to check the browser console (Shift+Control+J), not just the web console (Shift+Control+K) as errors may not show up in the latter. Messages about "Content Security Policy" are expected and can be ignored.
- If other people (including me) aren't having your problem, test whether it happens in a fresh profile. Here are instructions for Firefox and Chromium.
- Please mention any other extensions / scripts you are using. To check if a bug is due to a conflict with another extension, temporarily disable any other extensions and userscripts. If the bug goes away, turn them back on one by one until you find the one causing the problem.
- To test if the bug occurs under the default settings or only with specific settings, back up your settings and reset them using the Export and Reset Settings links in the settings panel. If the bug only occurs under specific settings, upload your exported settings to a site like https://paste.installgentoo.com/, and link to it in your bug report. If your settings contains sensitive information (e.g. personas), edit the text file manually.
- Test if the bug occurs using the native extension with 4chan X disabled. If it does, it's likely a problem with 4chan or your browser rather than with 4chan X.